Why is it so important to Seipp Construction?
At Seipp Construction, when we manage our Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental (QHSE) performance, we do more than just tick boxes. All activities are governed by our commitment to keep our staff and others safe and produce high quality outcomes which exceed client expectations, all without damage to the environment.
In our drive for Seipp Construction to be a consistently “Good Corporate Citizen”, these QHSE fundamentals underpin everything the members of our team think, say and do.
- Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Seipp Construction is committed to providing safe working environments. Our mantra is “Everyone Home Safe, Every Day”, not only our own people, but everyone involved in Seipp projects.
Our vision of success for our business includes an uncompromised focus on Health and Safety supported by:
- “Safety First”, as a core Seipp Construction value.
- Understanding Health & Safety is everyone’s responsibility…
- … and safe and healthy workplaces don’t just happen by chance.
- Empowering our people to immediately stop work, if conditions are ever unsafe.
Not content with just meeting legal compliance, we’ve developed a Health & Safety Management System (HSMS) to ensure Seipp Construction keeps pace with, and continually integrates best practice. Externally audited against the requirements of the Australia/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS4801 (Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems), the Seipp HSMS guides all aspects of our Health & Safety planning, practice and management including:
- Role-based Health & Safety commitments and assignment of responsibilities
- Effective Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control
- Accident, Incident and Near Miss Reporting and Investigation
- Organisation wide participation in Health & Safety
- Training and Competency Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Contractor Management, and
- Processes to capture the Health & Safety information which drives continuous improvement.
We’re extremely proud of our external Health and Safety Certification, but we never rest on our laurels. We continually ‘walk the talk’, undertaking regular in-house audits and inspections of all projects and internal management processes.
At Seipp Construction, there is never an excuse for unsafe behaviour.
At Seipp Construction we’re committed to delivering the highest level of quality workmanship and service. It’s not enough to meet client project expectations, wherever possible, we strive to exceed them.
Commitment to, and capability in, quality management is absolutely key to this. Consistent delivery of successful outcomes on Seipp Construction projects is based on our achievement and maintenance of ISO 9001:2015 certification. Our clients can work with us in full confidence our Quality Management System is fit-for-purpose, has been externally verified and supports:
- Clear understanding of client needs and expectations.
- Full compliance with statutory obligations, standards, specifications and codes of practice relevant to quality management.
- Employment of suitably qualified, skilled, experienced and motivated staff.
- A commitment to supporting staff with training and education to continually improve skills, awareness and knowledge of quality issues and practices.
- Openly identifying, investigating and satisfactorily resolving all non-conformances.
- Regularly reviewing quality objectives, targets and systems, so we can continuously improve.
For us, delivering quality outcomes starts by building trust with our clients, then working together to add value and achieve sustainable outcomes.
Seipp Construction is committed to reducing its impact on the environment. We know this requires incremental and ongoing improvements in performance. Central to this is our annual goalsetting and identification of initiatives to reduce our impact on the environment.
Because stewardship of the environment demands that we all act and work together, our commitment extends to our employees, clients, and the community. At Seipp Construction we are committed to:
- Compliance with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations.
- Training staff in environmental awareness and procedures, and empowering them to contribute to ongoing improvements in our practice.
- Developing and using innovative construction methods. to reduce environmental impacts and optimise our environmental performance.
- Continuously improving our environmental performance by setting annual reduction targets, and proactively tracking our environmental impact.
Seipp Construction is serious about its responsibility not to harm the environment. This is reflected in our external certification to the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System standard.
Sustainability isn’t just a catch phrase, it sits at the heart of our business and is fundamental to our growth and success. Seipp Construction considers the stewardship of our projects to be the first step to a circular economy. We are proud to commit to best practice ‘every day’, including innovative projects and partnerships which support the sustainability journeys of our clients, our communities and our country. We’re committed to a sustainable future, not only for our business but also for our people, our stakeholders, and New Zealand.
We understand every environmental, economic and social decision we make has an impact, now and into the future. With this in mind, we have developed a detailed Sustainability Plan which details how we proactively manage our energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and reduce our solid waste. Seipp Construction’s Sustainability Plan interfaces with, and is managed through our ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS). It provides the mechanism through which we set annual reduction targets and proactively measure our impact on the environment.
Examples of our wider commitment to sustainability, outside our organisation, include involvement in the Christchurch City Council’s “Target Sustainability” initiative. This program supports Council’s vision for a sustainable Christchurch through better energy and water efficiencies, and a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and solid waste. We are proud to commit to these types of innovative projects and partnerships that support the respective sustainability journeys of our clients, our communities and New Zealand.